Rio Vista Behavioral Health provides comprehensive care for adolescents and adults who have been struggling with behavioral health challenges. Our behavioral health treatment center is easily accessible from communities in and around the El Paso, Texas, area.
Disorders we treat at our behavioral health treatment center in El Paso, TX
When an adolescent or adult is suffering from a behavioral health concern, they have many options for treatment. The severity of their symptoms will guide professionals in determining which level of care will best meet their needs. Treatment in an acute inpatient or residential setting may be beneficial to some individuals, while others may be better cared for in an outpatient setting, such as by participating in partial hospitalization programming, intensive outpatient programming, or traditional outpatient therapy.
At Rio Vista Behavioral Health, we provide state-of-the-art acute inpatient care for adolescents and adults who are struggling with behavioral health concerns. Examples of the conditions that we treat at our behavioral health treatment center in El Paso, Texas, include the following:
- Adjustment disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Co-occurring substance use disorders
Please note that these are only a few of the disorders and conditions that we treat. Experienced professionals are on-hand to provide exemplary care to individuals who are suffering from symptoms of any number of behavioral health concerns.
Treatment options at our behavioral health treatment center in El Paso, TX
The symptoms that a person is suffering from will determine the approach that our staff takes towards providing their care. When you enter our behavioral health treatment center, our staff will customize a treatment plan to meet your specific needs. As part of that treatment plan, you will have the opportunity to engage in or receive the following services:
- Medication management services
- Basic, non-acute medical care (on an as-needed basis)
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Art therapy
We utilize evidence-based treatment modalities when providing care for behavioral health concerns at our treatment center in El Paso, Texas. These treatment modalities have proven to be effective in assisting individuals as they learn how to manage their symptoms effectively. These modalities include the following:
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
At Rio Vista Behavioral Health, we also understand the importance of tailoring care to meet the needs of specific populations. One way that we do this is by offering treatment in separate units, so that individuals receive the care they need in an environment that is ideal for them. These units include the following:
- Adolescent-specific unit for patients ages 11-17
- Psychiatric intensive care unit for adult patients age 18 and older
- General adult unit for patients age 18 and older
- Specialty unit for older adults and patients who have coexisting medical needs
Once your time in our behavioral health treatment center nears an end, we will finalize a discharge plan so that you can continue receiving the support you need. Your continuing care plan may include referrals to various outpatient treatment providers, recommendations for peer support groups, and access to other types of community-based organizations that will be of most help to you.
Ways to determine which behavioral health treatment center in El Paso, TX, will be the best fit for you
When you make the decision to get treatment for a behavioral health concern, you may find yourself feeling overwhelmed by the amount of choices you have. In order to choose the behavioral health treatment center that will most optimally meet your needs, consider following the steps listed below.
- Evaluate your needs. When someone is struggling with any type of behavioral health concern, the symptoms can make them feel defeated and helpless. By taking the time to evaluate what your specific needs are, it will not only give you a starting point in your search for the right behavioral health treatment center, but it will also give you a sense of control over what you are experiencing.
- Learn about the different levels of care that are available. Inpatient treatment, residential treatment, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, and traditional outpatient therapy can all be beneficial in treating behavioral health concerns. However, depending on the symptoms you are experiencing, and the severity of those symptoms, the particular level of care that will be most helpful will vary. By gaining an understanding of what the different levels of care offer, you will get an idea of where your needs lie.
- Talk to your physician. General practitioners should not provide the actual treatment interventions for behavioral health concerns, but they can assist you in finding appropriate referrals for trusted behavioral health treatment centers in your area.
- Review the different behavioral health treatment centers nearest to you. Or, if you are able to travel for treatment, you can search for centers outside of your community as well. Identify the specific interventions that each behavioral health treatment center offers and if they appeal to what you believe your needs are.
- Contact the behavioral health treatment centers of your choosing. After finding treatment centers that you feel might be able to help you, contact them as soon as you are comfortable doing so. Staff members at various facilities are available to explain in further detail what services they offer, and they can also assist you in beginning the admissions process or in finding another treatment center that may better meet your needs if they are not able to.
At Rio Vista Behavioral Health in El Paso, Texas, we want to make sure that we provide you with the individualized care that you need. Please contact us with any questions you have about the services we offer, about our admissions process, or about treatment in general. We look forward to helping you discover what the first step on your path to healing is going to be.